Monday, February 13, 2012

Thoroughly Modern Marriage

     I am going to be honest, some of the couples in the documentary that we watched today, Thoroughly Modern Marriage, absolutely shocked me. The one that got me the most was the couple that shared their practice of an open marriage. This is something that I have heard about before, but never in real life and I have never heard anyone openly support it. Having had the chance to discuss and think about it, I do not actually have a problem with it being practiced by someone else. In fact I would be curious to learn more about it and ask questions about their decision. Yet I can also say without a doubt in the world that it is not something that is for me. I suppose that it is to do with being from a traditional family, but I am someone who believes in marriage and what it stands for. I think that if you are not willing to give yourself wholly and fully to your partner, then you have no business getting married. Open marriage goes against everything that marriage stands for, in fact the term itself sounds to me like a complete contradiction. I would not judge a couple for being in an open marriage, but I have no desire to try it for myself. 


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgUy7iTPdJq0PDBkRXKBOR5TWqiAk9pepWvioj6-_WXH3ratmoqecdmFKROsWIl3lh9-_TOrGaJnSf-Rznxr7Ik2va23ND2eSWr3seQgHSJYzDDjEnUXtzPqCC6S_hTWcrurVI3-29-qiC8/s400/modern+vows.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment